Saturday, July 17, 2004

To Lift or Not To Lift

Well I must say this new weight training program is quite the challenge!  My trainor brought it up a notch last week and wants me to do 2 week divisions as follows: 2 sets of 15 reps at slightly reduced amount of weight with only 30 second rests.  Sound a bit like a super-circuit to you?  Me too.  Then the following 2 weeks will be the normal 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps with 60 second rests.  The final 2 week period is 2 sets of 8 reps at increased weight load.  I do this for 12 weeks and then get new direction.  :-) 
 
My running has really taken off.  It's like I was in waiting process and then bang I shot out of the gate.  My calf and shin pain is gone, my breathing is strong and my legs feel tireless seemingly.  Now that's not to say every day is great.  I have piano butt often enough but I seem to shake it off in the 3rd kilometre most times.   Those days that the piano won't leave me alone, I still feel like I've done well. ~tilts head~
 
I've not been able to take the time to visit much but I do hope everyone's summer and health is holding strong.

No comments: